View all Research Projects
Study on video games, music and Autism
Project end date: Ongoing project
Researchers at the University of Montreal are evaluating the effect of video games on children’s rhythmic abilities and cognition. The game is a mobile app for tablet and smartphone. Participants should meet these criteria:
- Age between 7-13 years old.
- Understand English and/or French.
- Be non-musician (have less than two years of formal musical training).
- Have a normal sight and hearing (or corrected to normal).
- Have an ASD diagnosis, without comorbidities (mention this in email).
- Live anywhere in Canada
$50 compensation is provided for your child’s participation, which includes: playing an entertaining game on tablet from home (2h30/week for 2 weeks), plus two sessions of video conference (about 90 & 45 minutes each) to help prepare for the game and complete questionnaires and online tasks.
Please contact the research team to to confirm your eligibility by email at [email protected].Posted on July 14, 2023