2019 in Review
Visit these pages for our 2019 accomplishments and plans:
2018 in Review
Download ACT’s Audited Financial Statements for 2018.
View the full-size 2018 in Review poster.
Training – Live, Online and Web Streamed
A focus on evidence-informed, practical resources helpful to family and community professionals internationally.
- 14 evidence-based training opportunities across a wide-range of topics in 4 B.C. communities (Surrey, Vancouver, Nanaimo and Victoria);
- Over 19,000 hours of training to nearly 2,000 registrants featuring provincial and international experts – a 55% increase for both hours of training and registrants over 2017;
- Over 900 professionals including Physicians, CLBC Facilitators, Social Workers, Psychologists, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapists, Behavior Consultants and Teachers;
- Over 500 family members, including parents and foster parents;
- 350 para-professionals staff from group homes, school districts and early intervention programs.
- Web streaming to allow 700 registrants to join five trainings from all regions of BC: individually and in teams of up to 50
- A 138% increase in web streaming registrants over 2017;
- $23,000 in bursaries in the form of reduced registration fees for low income registrants
Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA)– a free resource
- 13 new videos in for a total of 39 titles,
- Over 78 hours of training, available online anytime, anyplace and to anyone.
- Over 3,400 hours of video viewed.
See ACT’s Community Training Program, 2003-2018 for details on ACT’s training.
- ACT’s Autism Information Database expanded to 1,400 selected information resources, key word searchable in multiple languages.
- Over 27,000 searches
- ACT’s BC Community Resources Search lists nearly 1,000 service providers, community agencies, recreational activities, support groups, and postsecondary training & employment opportunities
- Over 16,000 searches
Website and Community Outreach
- Over 390,000 views of the ACT website.
- Over 1,700 new followers to ACT’s Facebook page in 2018, with over 5,500 followers total.
- Over 7,700 subscribers to ACT’s monthly News Round-Up
2017 in Review
View the full-size 2017 in Review poster.
Download ACT’s Audited Financial Statements for 2017.
The following statistics are for 2017:
- Over 325,000 views of the ACT website
- ACT’s Autism Information Databaseexpanded to 2,200 selected information and community resources, key word searchable in multiple languages.
- 5 new videos added to Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA) for a total of 26 videos and 57 hours of training.
- AVA videos were played over 19,000 times with more than 2,600 hours of video viewed.
- 9 conferences provided over 23 training days in 3 communities (Vancouver, Surrey and Sidney)
- Over 1,200 people attended an ACT event gaining over 13,600 hours of training.
- 5 events web streamed live providing 295 online registrants with over 2,950 hours of training.
- Over $32,000 in bursaries were provided in the form of reduced registration fees.
- Facebook followers increased 90% as compared to 2016, to over 3,800 Followers.
See List of ACT Events in 2017 for details.
2016 in Review
Download the 2016 in Review poster.
The following statistics are for 2016:
- Over 238,000 views of the ACT website
- 658 professionals listed on the RASP as of December 31, 2016
- ACT Information Officers provided support to 1,200 families in 3 languages.
- ACT’s Autism Information Database expanded to 2,200 selected information and community resources, key word searchable in multiple languages.
- 8 new videos added to Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA) for a total of 22 videos and 1,800 hours of video viewed.
- ACT’s Autism Manual for B.C. – Chapter 13 ‘Guide to Working with South Asian Families Affected by Autism’
- 1,900 New Diagnosis Parent Packages, containing the 12 page Next Steps Guide distributed to diagnosticians across B.C.
- An additional 1,400 Next Steps Guides distributed in English, Chinese, Punjabi and Korean.
- 8 conferences provided over 20 training days in 4 communities (Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey and Sidney)
- Over 1,300 people attended an ACT event gaining over 13,000 hours of training.
- 3 events web streamed live to increase access to under-served communities.
- Over $27,000 in bursaries were provided in the form of reduced registration fees.
- Facebook followers increased 40% as compared to 2015, to over 2,000 Followers.
- Over 7,000 subscribers to ACT’s monthly News Round-Up
- ACT provided resources for information tables at 35 events in the community.
- Special Needs Community Events calendar launched.
2015 in Review
The ACT poster of 2015 in Review is available for download. The following numbers are all as of December 31, 2015
- 611 professionals listed on the RASP
- New: Supervised SLP category added to RASP
- ACT’s Autism Information Database updated and expanded to over 2,100 curated resources
- Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA), a new platform, was launched in January 2015
- 16 free online videos available, including one new video and one updated video
- Over 100,000 visits to the ACT website in 2015
- New ACT in Chinese section of website
- New Non-ACT Events tool with new look and interface
- 66% increase in Facebook followers
- 26 live events, over 39 days in six communities (Kamloops, Kelowna, Prince George, Sidney, Surrey and Vancouver)
2014 in Review
Download a poster of 2014 in Review.
- ACT’s Autism Information Database (the AID) has a total of 1,500 vetted records
- Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA) filmed 5 events in 2014, and put up 5 events, for 15 videos in total
- the Registry for Autism Service Providers (RASP) had 540 professionals in total
- 70,000 visitors to the website
- $24,000 given in bursaries
- 19 live events in 8 communities
- 150 Non-ACT events posted
- ACT attended 15 events
- New chapter in ACT’s Autism Manual for B.C: Chapter 12- Guide to Employment for Teens and Adults with Autism in B.C.
- Launched the New Diagnosis Hub
- 1,800 contacts via phone, email or in person
2013 Annual Report
ACT’s 2013 Annual Report (pdf) is now available. Read about ACT’s progress:
- Distributed over 1200 New Diagnosis Parent Packages
- Managed the RASP with 519 professionals listed
- Provided $12,500 in bursaries
- Completely renovated our website & Autism Information Database
- Garnered over 111,000 website visits
- and more…
Download the ACT Annual Report for 2013 (pdf).
2012 Annual Report
The ACT Annual Report 2012 (pdf) is now available.
Read about ACT’s accomplishments in 2012, including how ACT, with the support of over 100 volunteers and ten staff:
- Trained 12 volunteer facilitators across British Columbia
- Answered more than 2,000 information queries
- Managed the RASP with 476 professionals listed
- Provided 2,671 New Diagnosis Parent Packages
- Used our website as an information hub for almost 67,000 visitors
- Trained over 2,000 people at 17 events in nine communities
- Provided over $12,500 for bursaries
Download the ACT Annual Report for 2012 (pdf).