2016 in Review
Download the 2016 in Review poster. The following statistics are for 2016.
Registry of Autism Service Providers
- 658 professionals listed on the RASP as of December 31, 2016
- a net increase of 47 professionals; a total of 88 new applications were approved.
- ACT Information Officers provided support to 1,200 families in 3 languages.
- Queries related to MCFD and Autism Funding represented 48% of total questions in 2016.
- 39% of calls were about children under six; 49% about children 6 -18; 12% about adults.
- ACT’s Autism Information Database expanded to 2,200 selected information and community resources, key word searchable in multiple languages.
- ACT’s Autism Manual for B.C. – Chapter 13 ‘Guide to Working with South Asian Families Affected by Autism’ added.
- 1,900 New Diagnosis Parent Packages, containing the 12 page Next Steps Guide distributed to diagnosticians across B.C.
- An additional 1,400 Next Steps Guides distributed in English, Chinese, Punjabi and Korean.
Training – Live, Online and Web Streamed
A focus on evidence-informed, practical resources helpful to family and community professionals internationally.
- Eight conferences or workshops over 20 training days in four communities.
- Three events web streamed live to increase access to under-served communities.
- Over 1,300 people attended an ACT event gaining over 13,000 hours of training.
- Over $27,000 in bursaries were provided in the form of reduced registration fees.
- Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA) – a free resource
- Eight new videos in two languages (for a total of 22 titles),
- 1,800 hours of video viewed.
See ACT’s Community Training Program, 2003-2016 for details.
Website and Community Outreach
- Over 100,000 visits to the ACT website
- Facebook followers increased 40% as compared to 2015, to over 2,000 Followers.
- Over 7,000 subscribers to ACT’s monthly News Round-Up
- ACT provided resources for information tables at 35 events in the community.
- Special Needs Community Events calendar launched.
2015 in Review
The ACT poster of 2015 in Review is available for download. The following numbers are all as of December 31, 2015
- 611 professionals listed on the RASP
- New: Supervised SLP category added to RASP
- ACT’s Autism Information Database updated and expanded to over 2,100 curated resources
- Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA), a new platform, was launched in January 2015
- 16 free online videos available, including one new video and one updated video
- Over 100,000 visits to the ACT website in 2015
- New ACT in Chinese section of website
- New Non-ACT Events tool with new look and interface
- 66% increase in Facebook followers
- 26 live events, over 39 days in six communities (Kamloops, Kelowna, Prince George, Sidney, Surrey and Vancouver)
2014 in Review
Download a poster of 2014 in Review.
- ACT’s Autism Information Database (the AID) has a total of 1,500 vetted records
- Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA) filmed 5 events in 2014, and put up 5 events, for 15 videos in total
- the Registry for Autism Service Providers (RASP) had 540 professionals in total
- 70,000 visitors to the website
- $24,000 given in bursaries
- 19 live events in 8 communities
- 150 Non-ACT events posted
- ACT attended 15 events
- New chapter in ACT’s Autism Manual for B.C: Chapter 12- Guide to Employment for Teens and Adults with Autism in B.C.
- Launched the New Diagnosis Hub
- 1,800 contacts via phone, email or in person
2013 Annual Report
ACT’s 2013 Annual Report (pdf) is now available. Read about ACT’s progress:
- Distributed over 1200 New Diagnosis Parent Packages
- Managed the RASP with 519 professionals listed
- Provided $12,500 in bursaries
- Completely renovated our website & Autism Information Database
- Garnered over 111,000 website visits
- and more…
Download the ACT Annual Report for 2013 (pdf).
2012 Annual Report
The ACT Annual Report 2012 (pdf) is now available.
Read about ACT’s accomplishments in 2012, including how ACT, with the support of over 100 volunteers and ten staff:
- Trained 12 volunteer facilitators across British Columbia
- Answered more than 2,000 information queries
- Managed the RASP with 476 professionals listed
- Provided 2,671 New Diagnosis Parent Packages
- Used our website as an information hub for almost 67,000 visitors
- Trained over 2,000 people at 17 events in nine communities
- Provided over $12,500 for bursaries
Download the ACT Annual Report for 2012 (pdf).