ACT – Autism Community Training is British Columbia’s leading provider of community-based professional development and parent training in autism and special needs. Since 2010, ACT has provided over 28,000 registrants with 236,000 hours of live training featuring leading clinicians and researchers.
ACT’s 2021 Audited Balance Sheet and other financial statements will be posted here when available.
In 2021, ACT stepped up global advocacy efforts:
- United with community partners across disabilities to fight for equitable supports.
- Launched New MCFD Framework for Children with Support Needs page:
- Responses from the community and disability organizations
- Statements from ACT on the new framework
- Updates on community initiatives and media coverage
- Releases and resources from MCFD
- Sponsored BCEdAccess’ 7th Annual Advocon and 8 Days of Action for Access.
In 2021, ACT provided:
- Nearly 53,000 hours of training to 6,000 registrants – a 194% increase in hours of training and a 136% increase in registrants over 2020.
- 12 evidence-based training opportunities featuring provincial and international experts and a range of topics.
- Training to audiences across 131 cities and towns in B.C., 10 provinces and 21 countries
- Over $35,000 in bursaries in the form of reduced registration fees for low-income registrants and Indigenous communities.
- One of the highest rates of engagement of any Canadian Facebook page focused on the autism community, with over 9,000 followers. Follow ACT on Facebook.
In 2021, Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA):
- Offered 77 free online videos, edited versions of our live events, at www.actcommunity.ca/videos.
- Added 12 new videos on topics ranging from toilet training, to parent coaching, community recreation, sexuality, mindfulness, research and beyond.
New videos in 2021:
- Supporting Indigenous Families Affected by Autism through Engagement and Research
- Combating Compassion Fatigue for Families and Caregivers of Children with Special Needs
- Helping Your Child with Autism Thrive in Sport and Recreation
- Make It Stop! Understanding and Preventing Problem Behaviors
- Building Community Recreation Skills: Why It’s Important to Get Your Child with Autism Involved, and Where to Start
- Parents are Teachers Too! Embedding Instruction into Daily Routines and Activities
- Toilet Training For Everyone – Revised And Expanded
- Autism and Sexual Health: Access, Education, and Intervention
- IEPs…Why They Still Matter!
- Turning the COVID-19 Crisis into Opportunity: Rethinking family supports to build resilience
- Supporting Early Social & Communication Development through Parent Coaching
Visit Autism Videos @ ACT for all new videos.
Thank you to our 2021 Community Partners, Sponsors & Donors. See our Recognizing our Funders, Donors & Sponsors page for a full list.
A Video of ACT’s Accomplishments in 2020-2021
Watch this new video on ACT’s work over the past 18 months of the pandemic, supporting parents and professionals with training and resources, including advocating for the rights of all those with disabilities and neuro-diversities.
Donate to ACT
Visit our donation page to find more ways to support ACT’s work.