Thank you for registering for “Supporting Early Social & Communication Development through Parent Coaching”
Presented by Pat Mirenda, PhD, BCBA-D; Paola Colozzo, PhD, RSLP; Veronica Smith, PhD; Wendy Ungar, PhD and other members of the PACE Coaching team.
Date: Friday, April 23, 2021
Focus on Research II Handout (64 Pages)
- PACE Coaching Infographics 2021 – Provides an overview of the project: what happened, how it worked, parent coach feedback, a cost analysis, and lessons learned.
Parent Coach Training Opportunities (view pdf version here)
- For training in the Early Start Denver Model:
- an Introductory workshop is required first.
- This is followed by an Advanced Workshop.
- Finally, this is followed by a Parent Coaching workshop.
All workshops are currently offered online.
- Autism Navigator offers numerous online course for parents and for professionals. The JumpStart to Coaching in Everyday Activities course is focused on parent coaching.
- Project ImPACT parent coach training is available online.
- The Help is in Your Hands website includes a Provider Resources section. Among the many resources, you will find a series of four free recorded webinars on parent coaching and an online training syllabus.
Note: The mentoring and feedback provided through these online training programs varies widely. Some offer no mentorship at all and none of them are able to offer the frequency or duration of mentorship that was provided in the PACE Coaching project.
All times are in Pacific Time.
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||Session 1: Parent Coaching: What? Why? and How?|
|10:00 am – 10:15 am||Break|
|10:15 am – 11:15 am||Session 2: Training Parent Coaches in BC Communities|
|11:15 am – 12:00 pm||Lunch|
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||Session 3: Parent Coaching in BC Communities: What Did We Learn?|
|1:00 pm – 1:15 pm||Break|
|1:15 pm – 2:30 pm||Session 4: Parent Coaching in BC: Next Steps and Moving Forward|
ACT announces new events and resources in our newsletter. Subscribe to get the latest updates in your email
ACT Guides for Schools and on Mental Health
ACT has prepared a set of guides to our free online resources, including Autism Videos @ ACT. These guides are organized to help educators, mental health professionals, and families to discover the many resources that ACT offers.
Visit the ACT Print Materials page to download these guides. ACT can mail copies to your school or organization upon request.