Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder often require a wide-range of individualized support to excel within the school system. The following resources provide a good starting point to gain a better understanding of the BC school systems and the rights and responsibilities of parents.
- The BC Education System (pdf)
Chapter 6 of the Autism Manual for B.C.
- The BC Education System – An Introduction for Parents of Students with ASD (pdf)
Chapter 7 of the Autism Manual for B.C.
- The Role of Parental Advocacy in Navigating the B.C. School System (pdf)
Chapter 8 of the Autism Manual for B.C.
- Education, Integration, Inclusion: Key Information for Parents of Children with Special Needs
Online video presentation by Dr. Suzanne Jacobsen, recorded October 22, 2011.
- Creating a Student Profile of your Child