Upcoming events available for web streaming are listed here. Events scheduled for in-person attendance are listed on our upcoming events page.
Save the date! Events with details & registration coming soon:
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Judy Reaven, PhD September 27 & 28, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
Positive Behavior Support in Schools Conference
October 19 & 20, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
INVESTing in Girls and Women with ASD
Dori Zener, MSW, RSW November 2nd, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
What is Web Streaming?
ACT’s web streaming is LIVE online video broadcasts, in real time, of autism training events. We work with professional video production companies to bring you conferences and events from British Columbia to watch and participate from anywhere in the world. Our system is designed to be simple to use, with a built-in chat function that allows you to ask questions and get feedback from presenters on the issues you care about. No special equipment or software is necessary, all you need to watch is a computer, laptop, or tablet.
The online streaming technology that we are using is the same platform as YouTube. If you can watch YouTube videos, you can watch our live online streaming! Some tips:
- Be sure your speakers or headphones are on, and the volume at an appropriate level.
- If you have a large number of ‘tabs’ open in your browser, this will use your computers memory and slow the connection.
- Check that your browser is up to date.
- If video is stuttering or jumpy, change the resolution by clicking on the ‘gear’ icon.
- To go full screen, click on the ‘box’ icon in the lower right of the image.
- If you are having trouble with Internet Explorer or Safari, try using the Google Chrome browser.
Live online streaming video includes a live chat function facilitated by ACT staff. You will be able to post questions that will be passed to the speaker at an appropriate time, and be able to text chat with other online attendees.
Registered viewers will be emailed a link to the online streaming page prior to the event. It is critical that you provide your preferred email address.
MCFD-funded Event Bursaries for Parents of Children with ASD
Please note that the MCFD Parent Bursary fund has been exhausted – $60,000 in bursary funds have been distributed since April 2017. While regular registration rates are now in effect, parents of children with special needs and others interested in training, are welcome to apply for an ACT Bursary, if registration cost is a barrier preventing attendance.