Join Heather Beach on Tuesday October 24, 2023, for Bumps in the Road: Problem Solving
Every family/caregiver wants the best for their child, and when things go wrong, and or we feel that there is a disconnect between what our child needs and what is happening we react with strong emotions, typically not positive ones. Why is it hard? It’s hard because we are coming from a place of love and are also trying to figure out how to interface and navigate within a complex system, and we don’t know all the rules.
In this session, we will be exploring:
• Documenting and addressing issues proactively
• Communication preparing for a meeting bringing someone with you, mapping out what you want to discuss, and being mindful and honest of the emotions behind the issues.
• What is the chain of command?
• Outside resources and supports IBC, FSI BCedAccess, PACs, and PIEs
• Social media – help, and pitfalls
Family Support Institute of BC (FSI) is a provincial not-for-profit society committed to supporting families who have a family member with a disability. FSI is unique in Canada and the only grass roots family to family organization that has a broad volunteer base.
FSI SUPPORTS AND SERVICES ARE FREE TO ANY FAMILY