Upcoming events available for web streaming are listed here. Events scheduled for in-person attendance are listed on our upcoming events page.
Save the date! Events with details & registration coming soon:
ACT’s 14th Annual Focus on Research Conference
April 5 & 6, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Judy Reaven, PhD
September 27 & 28, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
Positive Behavior Support in Schools Conference
October 19 & 20, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
INVESTing in Girls and Women with ASD
Dori Zener, MSW, RSW
November 2nd, 2018 in Vancouver, BC
What is Web Streaming?
ACT’s web streaming is LIVE online video broadcasts, in real time, of autism training events. We work with professional video production companies to bring you conferences and events from British Columbia to watch and participate from anywhere in the world. Our system is designed to be simple to use, with a built-in chat function that allows you to ask questions and get feedback from presenters on the issues you care about. No special equipment or software is necessary, all you need to watch is a computer, laptop, or tablet.
The online streaming technology that we are using is the same platform as YouTube. If you can watch YouTube videos, you can watch our live online streaming! Some tips:
- Be sure your speakers or headphones are on, and the volume at an appropriate level.
- If you have a large number of ‘tabs’ open in your browser, this will use your computers memory and slow the connection.
- Check that your browser is up to date.
- If video is stuttering or jumpy, change the resolution by clicking on the ‘gear’ icon.
- To go full screen, click on the ‘box’ icon in the lower right of the image.
- If you are having trouble with Internet Explorer or Safari, try using the Google Chrome browser.
Live online streaming video includes a live chat function facilitated by ACT staff. You will be able to post questions that will be passed to the speaker at an appropriate time, and be able to text chat with other online attendees.
Registered viewers will be emailed a link to the online streaming page prior to the event. It is critical that you provide your preferred email address.
New MCFD-funded Event Bursaries for Parents of Children with ASD
MCFD has provided ACT with funding for a bursary program for parents and caregivers of children with autism in B.C. to web stream or attend ACT events at a reduced registration rate of $25 per day until March 31, 2018. Seats will be filled on a first come, first registered basis.
How to Register for an ACT Event with a MCFD Bursary
- Call ACT at 1-866-939-5188 or 604-205-5467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if there are MCFD bursary spots remaining for the event you are interested in.
- If a MCFD bursary is available for the event, you will need to pay a $25 per day cost, not covered by the bursary, to confirm your registration. ACT can also invoice the costs to the Autism Funding Branch directly, with your permission, if you have funding available.