Preparing young people with autism for their adult lives is challenging for families and communities. Below are links to videos and written materials that focus on the transition to adulthood. We welcome your suggestions for additional resources. ACT Information Officers are available by telephone or email to help answer your questions and to find resources specific to your needs.
- Preparing for the Transition from School to Work (pdf) – Chapter 9 of the Autism Manual for BC
- Guide to Employment for Teens and Adults with Autism in B.C. (pdf) – Chapter 12 of the Autism Manual for BC
- Online Video – Thriving in Youth with ASD – What Does it Take?
- Online Video – A Review of Emerging Considerations for Vocational Support in ASD – Challenges and Opportunities
- Online Video – Mental Health and Individuals with ASD: A Primer for Community Professionals & Parents
- Opportunities for Individuals with ASD – Post-Secondary