Tuesday, June 1 - Thursday, June 24
- Camille Long
Thursdays: Ages 9-12
- 4 Thursdays in June from 12-1pm, OR
- 4 Thursdays in June from 4:30-5:30pm
Tuesdays: Ages 13-15
- 4 Tuesdays in June from 3-4pm
About You(th) Belong:
A safe, accepting, inclusive, and low-demand virtual group for neurodivergent* youth to share their passions and personalities with others, while caring for their mind, body, and soul through therapeutic art with Camille Long, a Counsellor and Registered Social Worker.
Feel free to be yourself in this group. We want to celebrate our differences, interests, and similarities. Come and tell us about your favourite topic or just listen to the others. Camille will provide the opportunity to engage in artwork and self-expression for those who are interested.
- To encourage positive self-concept, self-esteem, and mental health
- To encourage positive relationships
- To build community and have fun
- To celebrate individual strengths, interests, and goals
- To facilitate a safe space for natural development to unfold in the context of safe attachment and healthy peer interaction
- Paper and some sort of drawing/sketching tool, play-doh, paints, lego, etc. (if interested in this aspect of the group – not necessary!
- A quiet and safe space away from background noise for the privacy of the group
- Bring your favourite stuffies, card decks, books, creations… Whatever brings you joy and makes you – you!
- Parental Consent
Cost: $50/session ($200 total)
As with all of my services, a reduced rate is available for those who need it. Autism Funding Unit can be invoiced for Counselling/Family Therapy. Some extended medical plans allow for a Registered Social Worker (receipts provided for reimbursement with your plan).
*Neurodivergent: “means having a brain that functions in ways that diverge significantly from the dominant societal standards of ‘normal.’” ~ Nick Walker. No official diagnosis required. Self-diagnosis or questioning neurology is valid. Some labels include autism, ADHD, ODD, PDA, anxiety… all are welcome!