Waiting For Assessment Workshop
January 25th, 2020
New Westminster Family Place – 93 St, New Westminster
Join us for a 3 hour workshop that covers the essential information that families need to know during the start of their autism journey.
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA). For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet other parents and families facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Free child minding will be available.
Speaker: Michele Shilvock, M.Ed. BCBA
Workshop Cost: Free information Workshop for AutismBC members, Donations are appreciated but not required.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
You do not need to be an AutismBC member to attend, but membership has it perks
To check your AutismBC membership status please click here to login.
To sign up for FREE AutismBC membership click here.
Saturday, January 25
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
New Westminster Family Place
93 St, New Westminster