Saturday, September 14
12:00 am - 4:00 pm
3688 Cessna Dr.
Event contact: 604-434-0880 email@example.com
Join us at Pacific Autism Family Network Building on September 14th for a 3 hour workshop that covers the essential information that families need to know during the start of their autism journey.
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA).
For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet other parents and families facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Speaker: Michele Shilvock, M.Ed. BCBA
AutismBC Member Cost: $20
Refreshments will be provided.