Friday, July 5 - Friday, August 23
10:00 am - 11:30 am
103-4181 Hastings Street
- ABA Learning Centre
This social skills group is aimed at training parents of young children to play interactively with their child, while teaching important social and interpersonal skills.
Parent participation is key for this group. It is a requirement for this program for at least one parent to attend all the sessions along with the child. It is recommended for the same parent to attend all sessions, as each week’s concept builds on the skills taught in the previous weeks.
• Increasing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Teaching imitation skills
• Playing turn taking games with and without toys
• Engaging your child in pretend play
• Effective strategies to teach various skills and address challenging behaviours
• Creating opportunities to practice social and communication skills within various everyday routines
Age: 1-5 years old
July 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2019
August 2, 9, 16 and 23, 2019
Time: 10am – 11:30am
Location: Fawkes Academy, #103 – 4181 Hastings Street, Burnaby BC, V5C 2J3
Interested to learn if this program is a good fit for your child? For more information or to request an intake form, please contact Sara Shababi-Shad at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at 604-232-4122.