Sunday, September 30
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage
2750 Granville Street
The Arts Club Theatre Company is proud to present a relaxed performance for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
An inclusive experience designed to welcome patrons of all ages and sensitivities, a relaxed performance contains modifications to the conventions of traditional theatre to maximize the comfort of attendees. Sound and lighting cues are adjusted to be more subdued, and the audience is welcome to move around and make noise. The relaxed performance for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time will be on September 30, with tickets offered at a discounted rate.
Differences that you may notice
- House lights will remain on at a dimmed level
- Music and sound levels will be lowered
- Lights and projections will be more subdued
- The audience is welcome to move around and make noise
- Designated standing areas will be available inside the theatre
- Use of communication boards and other technology, such as cell phones and tablets, are welcome (however, we ask that you not take photos)
- A Relaxation Station in the lobby will be equipped with a live feed of the show for those who need to take a break from the theatre, but don’t want to miss what’s happening on stage
- Patrons are asked to avoid wearing perfume, cologne, or other scented products
How to book
Tickets for the relaxed performance can be booked online or by calling the box office at 604.687.1644. If your party has specific access needs that we should be aware of, please call the box office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for a relaxed performance
A visual story to aid patrons in preparing for the relaxed performance will be emailed two weeks prior to the date of the show. This will also be made available online.
Familiarization tours will be available upon request to those who may experience anxiety in new/unfamiliar spaces. Please contact Kevan Ellis, Interim Director of Education, at email@example.com.