Saturday, April 6
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
120-3547 Skaha Lake Road, The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
- Carrie Ferguson
It’s Soapbox Saturday!
Join us on April 6th for this car-themed family-friendly event which aims to raise Autism Awareness and Acceptance in the South Okanagan. We will celebrate the accomplishments, skills, and possibilities of and for those on the Autism Spectrum. We will make new friends and connections in the South Okanagan Autism Community, and come together to support each other and our families.
The event will consist of:
- presentation by Austin Riley, the worlds’ first professional race car driver with Autism;
- the Autism Reality Experience;
- a beginner soapbox derby with cars that families create at home, or they can borrow ours;
- a “Potato Derby” with itty-bitty cars made from a potato that children can send down the “Russet Ramp”;
- the Boyd Autobody Car-BQ; and
- an autism service provider exposition.
Check out our website for more details: www.soapboxsaturday.com