Monday, February 1 - Friday, April 30
- Canucks Autism Network
Paid, 12-week virtual classroom training & work experience in the Lower Mainland
Develop skills. Gain experience. Take a meaningful STEP towards employment! For autistic youth & adults (ages 15-30).
Over the course of 12 weeks, participants receive paid classroom training (6 weeks) and work experience (6 weeks) opportunities in the Lower Mainland. This Winter, STEP will be offered with a focus on the cleaning & maintenance industry.
Virtual Classroom (Pre-Employment Skills)
- Resume, cover letter, interviewing, communication skills & more
- Course certification in Workplace Safety, Fist Aid and Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Full-day sessions through Zoom (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm)
- Up to 8 participants at a time via Zoom
- Participants are paid for their time in the virtual classroom
Work Experience (Cleaning & Maintenance)
- The cleaning & maintenance industry is one of the few that has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hours may vary; be prepared for full-time hours
- Placements may be held anywhere across Lower Mainland
- Transportation and work attire stipends available
- Up to 2-3 participants at a time per placement
- Participants are paid for their work experience
Are you a job seeker on the spectrum between the ages of 15-30?
Visit canucksautism.ca/step to check your eligibility and sign up today!
Are you a cleaning & maintenance employer in the Lower Mainland?
Contact us today to learn how you can host a work experience placement at NO COST! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.