Friday, January 8
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- SFU Autism and Developmental Disorders Lab
Many BC families with children with a variety of special needs have been severely shaken by the impact of COVID-19. Surveys undertaken by Simon Fraser University, the Representative for Children and Youth, the Family Support Institute, Inclusion BC and BCEdAccess have all highlighted the lack of engagement on the part of the Ministry for Children and Family Development in supporting children with special needs.
To hear parental concerns addressed, join a panel discussion organized by Simon Fraser University on Friday, January 8, 11am -12:15 pm.
Panelists include [with links to research]:
- Opening remarks – Dr Joanne Curry, VP External Relations, SFU
- Representative for Children and Youth, Dr Jennifer Charlesworth
- Tracy Humphreys – Parent & Chair of BCEdAccess
- Karla Verschoor, Executive Director, Inclusion BC
- Grace Iarocci – Professor of Psychology & Vanessa Fong, Graduate student, SFU, whose research was supported by KBHN, MITACS and ACT.
Moderator – Sobhana Jaya-Madhavan, AVP External Relations, SFU
This panel presentation is free to observe, but registration is required. Visit the Event Page to register.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org