Friday, April 8 - Friday, June 24
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Social Skills South Surrey
- 1,260 (AFU Accepted)
PEERS is the only evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated teens who may present with ADHD, Asperger’s, Depression, low support needs Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Anxiety, or any other social or behavioural issues.
Participants should be behaviourally and emotionally regulated.
In the online PEERS program, your teen will learn:
- Using appropriate conversational skills
- How to be a good host during get togethers
- Finding common interests by trading information
- How to make phone calls to friends
- How to handle electronic communication
- Using humour appropriately
- How to choose appropriate friends
- Entering and exiting peer conversations
- How to be a good sport
- Handling rejection, teasing and bullying
- How to handle arguments and disagreements
- Handling rumours and gossip
- How to change a bad reputation
The online PEERS classes are broken into 14 x 90 minute weekly sessions which includes a parent debrief. During each session, teens are taught an important social skill and given an opportunity to practice that skill. Homework is then given for the week to give additional practice. Cost is $1260 and can be covered by AFU or DLs.
Visit www.socialskillssouthsurrey.com for more information.