Thursday, March 26 - Friday, March 27
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Pacific Autism Family Centre
3688 Cessna Dr
- Little Buddies and The PLAY Project
Learn The PLAY Project’s methods and principles to help children with autism. For child development professionals, parents and advocates!
**Price includes two-day workshop with materials, lunch and a certificate of attendance.
Dr Richard Solomon, founder of The PLAY Project, believes every young autistic child should have access to life-changing early intervention, by empowering their parents/caregivers. The PLAY Project strives to create a world where all children with autism receive early intervention services and parents choose the best treatment options for their child.
This Professional development opportunity will provide you with an overview of The PLAY Project methods and principles along with case studies to gain immediate skills in helping children with autism and other developmental delays. The workshop consists of case studies, video analysis of parent and child interaction, and group activities that develop your skills in play-based, developmental and behavioural techniques for engaging children with autism and other developmental delays.
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop can serve as a first step in pursuing the Certified PLAY Project Consultant credential. This PLAY workshop is ideal for:
- Early Intervention Educators
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Social Workers
- Family Practitioners
- Clinical Psychiatrists
- Administrators and policymakers involved with autism services
Skills You’ll Learn Throughout This Workshop
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of The PLAY Project, PLAY Autism Intervention, 7 circles of PLAY and can begin helping children with autism and their caregivers immediately.
- Identify techniques that help improve language, social skills, behaviour, development, and play skills of children with autism.
- Describe how a child’s unique profile is created and develop a plan to improve the child’s social interaction based on the profile
This workshop will be held at the Pacific Autism Family Network (PAFN)
The PLAY Project and the Pacific Autism Family Network have a discount code for workshop attendees to stay at the Pacific Gateway Hotel
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for parent, group and student rates and for the hotel discount code.