Thursday, November 26
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Provincial Outreach Program for Autism & Related Disorders (POPARD)
Parents/caregivers work with the school system in many ways, including Individual Education Plan (IEP) development, problem solving and transition planning. This session will review:
- Connections between the roles, rights and responsibilities of teaching staff, administrators, and parents.
- Relevant policies and procedures that guide special needs Programming in the school environment.
- Information on advocacy steps and supports.
This FREE 1-hour virtual session will include:
- 45 minutes content
- 15 minutes Q&A
Audience: This training is primarily intended for parents and families of students who are on the Autism spectrum, however educators and other professionals may attend.
About this POPARD Workshop
- Presented virtually via Zoom
- You do not need a Zoom account to attend the presentation
- The Zoom link for this session will be included in your confirmation email (if you don’t see your confirmation email, check your junk/spam folder)
- This workshop is FREE