Saturday, September 19
9:00 am - 10:30 am
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on Saturday September 19th for: UNWIND for the Caregiver with Tyra Skibington
Roll out a mat or blanket and join me in a slow movement based UNWIND class where we will calm down the Nervous System through breath and movement. No experience necessary. Participants will be encouraged to modify based on what is available in their own body. A quiet space with low lighting is ideal with minimal distractions (but may not be possible!). Dress comfortably and consider a pillow or cushion. If you have a yoga strap, scarf or tie, this will enhance your experience. Tyra will also introduce a rolling out portion that involves two tennis balls tucked into a sock – the sock should be a long sport sock that can be tied into a knot once the balls are tucked inside!
Please feel free to make your own “DIY ZINGER” before the session to add another element of tension release.
- Understand how stress shows up in your body through muscular tension
• Learn how to release tension through different practices including breathwork; movement/stretching; rolling out with the DIY ZINGER* (optional)
• Reflect on your personal journey with stress and wellness through journalling
• Learn steps to help improve general wellness including sleep, adrenal support and calming the Nervous System
• Have fun and share ideas on managing caregiver wellness moving forward
To Register click Here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to November! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.