Wednesday, October 14
7:00 am - 9:00 am
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on October 14th for: Trauma Informed Practice with Galen Hutcheson
This workshop provides an updated understanding of trauma informed practice, a theoretical framework informed by neuroscience with practical easy to understand tools, practices, and strategies to deepen your understanding of a growing body of trauma informed knowledge. Participants will come away with enhanced awareness of the value of self-regulation, co-regulation, and tools for connection as ways to support clients in their volunteer capacity.
- Participants will learn an updated view of trauma via Neurobiology & The Signs and Symptoms of Trauma
- Participants will gain a deepened understanding of Trauma and the Body: and the human “Threat-Response Cycle”
- Volunteers will learn specific tips and tools to help support clients in building a Safer Space for Trauma Healing
- Participants will be introduced to a Brief Overview of Therapeutic Models that are Congruent with a Trauma-informed Practice and Facilitating the Healing Process
- Volunteers will learn about aspects of self/ co regulation via the “Window of Tolerance”, and Titration
- Participants will learn tools and strategies for Helping Clients Build Resilience and the Role of Lifestyle in Healing including a focus on Compassion.
To Register click Here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to November! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.