Saturday, October 3
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on Saturday October 3rd for: Social Media Platforms – How to Use Them and What They All Mean Part One with Aaron Johannes and Rhona Segarra
We communicate with each other in exciting new ways and these can be interesting, powerful, and overwhelming! They can also be really individualised and what works for one person or group will be different than what works for someone else. By making good choices around what and how we want to communicate online, and with whom, we can increase our leverage, access, and build good partnerships and begin building a good plan that won’t create more work. It you are already on Twitter, use the hashtag #smsgfsi to connect! If you have no idea what that means now, you will know by the end of this session!
Over two sessions, participants will learn: (October 3 & 10, 2020)
1) What is” Social Presence” and why does it matter?
2) An introduction to some online tools and how to use them efficiently: micro-blogging to blogging and more: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, etc..
3) Civility online: how and why misunderstandings happen and how to minimize them.
4) Social media as a tool for community leadership.
5) Followers: how to keep them engaged.
Participants will have lots of time to ask questions. If they want to connect on twitter they can use the hashtag #FSISocMed
To Register click Here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to October! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.
For more information please visit our Learning Explorations site