Tuesday, September 8
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on September 8th for: Sexual Health – with Korean Translation with Rachel Skidmore
“Let’s talk about sexuality” – this phrase offers up a wide range of possibilities – along with a host of anxieties. As a parent of a child with a disability, this is dreaded while at the same time recognized as an important part of parenting and of your child’s life. This workshop provides an opportunity for parents, in a supportive setting, to explore some of their fears and anxieties and curiosities in a safe environment. This is to begin the courageous conversation around ensuring that individuals being supported – are not only safe from sexual exploitation but also have the correct support and information to embrace that part of who they are and how they interact in relationships with others. In this workshop you will learn how to approach the topic of sexuality and relationships.
- Learn different ways in which you can find current information about sexuality and health and feel comfortable in discussing sexuality
- Examine your personal beliefs and values of sexuality and critically consider what you are/are not able to discuss with your family member yourself.
- Promote relationship developing skills and perspectives with your family member
- Demonstrate tangible take away tips
To Register click Here
For more information please visit our Learning Explorations site
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to October! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.