Monday, February 28
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 x 521
Join us on February 28th for Sexual Health with Rachel Skidmore and Shelley Nessman
“Let’s talk about sexuality” – this phrase offers up a wide range of possibilities – along with a host of anxieties. As a parent of a child with a disability, this is dreaded while at the same time recognized as an important part of parenting and of your child’s life. This workshop provides an opportunity for parents, in a supportive setting, to explore some of their fears and anxieties and curiosities in a safe environment. This is to begin the courageous conversation around ensuring that individuals being supported – are not only safe from sexual exploitation but also have the correct support and information to embrace that part of who they are and how they interact in relationships with others. In this workshop you will learn how to approach the topic of sexuality and relationships.
- Learn different ways in which you can find current information about sexuality and health and feel comfortable discussing sexuality
- Examine your personal beliefs and values of sexuality and critically consider what you are/are not able to discuss with your family member yourself.
- Promote relationship developing skills and perspectives with your family member
- Demonstrate tangible take away tips
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Family Support Institute of BC (FSI) is a provincial not-for-profit society committed to supporting families who have a family member with a disability.
FSI is unique in Canada and the only grass roots family to family organization that has a broad volunteer base.
FSI SUPPORTS AND SERVICES ARE FREE TO ANY FAMILY