Tuesday, October 27
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on October 27th for: Personal Strategies to Improve Health and Wellness for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities with Marlow de Paul.
This presentation will discuss personal strategies for health and wellbeing for individuals with intellectual disabilities. It will explain the initiatives and strategies Special Olympics British Columbia uses and encourages. The presentation will focus on the importance of early-stage development in physical activity and wellness and the importance of empowerment and education. It will also discuss mental health strategies, role models, goal setting, and the role they play health and wellbeing. By the end of the presentation, participants will have a better understanding of how to support, educate, and empower individuals with intellectual disabilities to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Understand and Overview of Special Olympics British Columbia Health and Wellness Strategies and Initiatives
- Strategies to build confidence, comfortability and capability surrounding health and wellness practices for individuals with Intellectual disabilities
- Understanding Mental Health Strategies for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
- Understanding the importance of education and empowerment when it comes to health and wellness for individuals with ID
To Register click Here
For more information please visit our Learning Explorations site
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to October! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.