Tuesday, January 18
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 x 521
Join Bonnie Fallowfield and Karen Speijer on January 18th for Leaving High School: Whats Next?
SESSION INFO: How do you prepare for this big change in your son’s or daughter’s life? This workshop is designed to help families understand how to prepare for their son’s or daughter’s transition from high school into a full life in the community. Drawing on the experiences of many parents and professionals, we will discuss roles and responsibilities, the planning process, planning tools and available resources and services.
• Learn FSI transition tools/resources – FindSupport BC, Transitions Timeline & much much more!
• Understand the current transition process and practices of youth and young adults ages 13 through 21
• Utilize various resources and information to plan and address the vast areas of transition planning
• Gain skills in easy-to-use list, steps & guidelines to support a smooth & successful transition from high school to adult life
Family Support Institute of BC (FSI) is a provincial not-for-profit society committed to supporting families who have a family member with a disability.
FSI is unique in Canada and the only grass roots family to family organization that has a broad volunteer base.
FSI SUPPORTS AND SERVICES ARE FREE TO ANY FAMILY