Tuesday, September 29
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on September 29th for: Effective Advocacy and Our Role with Korean Translation with Melanie Arnis
Effective advocacy skills help us, and others, get the support and services our families need while strengthening our communities. We will look at the different types of advocacy, the roles of various organizations, how effective advocacy strengthens communities, the advocacy process, and what it means to be an effective advocate.
This workshop is interactive, practical, and will emphasize good communication, negotiation, and assertiveness skills.
- Learn about the various types of advocacy and what makes them unique and when and where to apply them to their unique circumstances
- Learn diverse communication styles, how they are critical in effective advocacy and its’ success, and how to be an effective advocate utilizing communication as a tool for success
- Learn about conflict resolution and the ways to be an effective advocate when emotions are running high
- Acquire new skills that can be applied in many environments, and across various scenarios and life settings
To Register click Here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to November! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.