Tuesday, October 13
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on Tuesday October 13th for: Effective Advocacy and Our Role (Part 2) with Korean Translation
Effective advocacy skills help us, and others get the support and services our families need while strengthening our communities. We will look at the different types of advocacy, the roles of various organizations, how effective advocacy strengthens communities, the advocacy process, and what it means to be an effective advocate. This workshop is interactive and practical and emphasizes good communication, negotiation, and assertiveness skills.
- Learn about different types of advocacy, the characteristics that make them unique, and when to apply them
- Learn the various diverse communication styles, how they are critical in effective advocacy and its’ success, and how to be an effective advocate utilizing communication as a tool in that success
- Learn about conflict resolution and the ways to be an effective advocate when emotions are running high
- Acquire new skills for different environments, and across various scenarios and life settings
To Register click here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to November! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.
For more information please visit our Learning Explorations site