Monday, October 26
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on October 26th for: Creative Housing Options with Karla Verschoor, Catriona Johnson, and Ben Postmus
In 2018 the Inclusion BC and Community Living BC Inclusive Housing Task Force Report, “Home Is Where Our Story Begins,” made recommendations about how to support more people with developmental disabilities/diverse abilities to live in homes they choose in their communities. Inclusion BC and CLBC are now working in partnership to implement those recommendations and this year have developed tools for families to:
1) help them and their loved ones to envision, plan for, and get ready to live in inclusive housing, and,
2) help those interested in engaging with their municipalities to advocate for more inclusive housing in their communities.
Join us in this interactive session where we will share what we have learned and introduce the tools we have completed to support families on their journey to inclusive housing.
- Define Inclusive Housing for people with development disabilities
- Share research, resources and campaigns designed to support inclusive housing
- Explore civic engagement opportunities within your local community
To Register click here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to November! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.