Thursday, October 29
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Family Support Institute of BC
- 604-540-8374 ext. 521
Join us on October 29th for: Achieving Health Equity for People with Intellectual Disabilities – An overview of the current health outcomes and what we can do about it! with Scott Howe.
This presentation is designed to raise awareness of the need for coordinated efforts to achieve health equity for people with intellectual disabilities in BC. Discussions will initially focus on the current inequities and health outcomes experienced by this population, before turning to our efforts to achieve health equity through collective action. By the end of the presentation, participants will have a better understanding of how they can play a role in this crucial task!
- Understanding the Special Olympics movement
- Knowledge of the current health inequities experienced by people with ID
- Awareness of the barriers to health equity experienced by people with ID
- Overview of the Champions for Inclusive Health Stakeholder Coalition, its mission, and opportunities to get involved
To Register click Here
Family Support Institute is excited to begin launching free online workshops available to all families/individuals during August to November! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your own home.