Tuesday, September 20 - Tuesday, December 20
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Easter Seals BC/Yukon
Learn Information & Skills to Help Navigate to Adulthood
The Easter Seals Compass Program is designed to help young adults with disabilities be more prepared for school, work, independent living, and their overall transition to adulthood. Students will learn new skills that will foster courage, confidence, and independence, and help them live as independent, empowered adults.
Compass is offered in either an online or in-person class by Easter Seals staff, specialized educators and guest speakers. By the end of the program, participants will be more prepared for school, work, independent living and their transition to adulthood, and be ready to take their next steps whether that be training, further education, GED preparation, or employment.
The Fall 2022 session is only $10 per participant and will go towards an Easter Seals Membership. This reduced fee is in thanks to funding provided by generous donors and community partners.
Participants will learn skills on various topics:
- Education (highlighting available options for school and funding)
- Employment (how to write a resume/cover letter writing, interview skills, job searching, employability traits)
- Health & Wellness (maintaining physical and mental health, nutritious eating, self-care, how to find help and recognizing when to ask for it, sexual health education)
- Housing (identifying needs, finding and keeping housing, RentSmart)
- Personal Life (financial literacy, taxes, goal setting, support strategies)
Age Group: 17-27 years (This is an approximate age group. Please contact us if you’re outside this age group and would like to participate.)
Dates & Location: You can choose to register for an Online or In-person option for Fall 2022.
- September 20 – December 15, 2022
- December 20 – Graduation Party
- No classes November 8 & 10 (Reading Week)
- 3 hours per day, 2 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday)
- Easter Seals House – 3981 Oak Street, Vancouver
- September 19 – December 16, 2022
- December 19 – Graduation Party
- No classes October 10 (Thanksgiving) and November 7, 9, 11 (Reading Week)
- 2 hours per day, 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Zoom links will be provided
Click Here To Register. Limited space available.