Join Us For a 12 Week Program For Young Adults Transitioning into Adulthood
The Compass Program is based on the comprehensive curriculum developed by the Adoptive Families Association of BC for youth aging out of government care, and has been modified for youth with disabilities.
Over the course of 12 weeks, participants will complete modules guided by Easter Seals staff, specialized educators and guest speakers. By the end of the program, participants will be more prepared for school, work, independent living and their transition to adulthood. Areas of focus can be adapted on a case by case basis according to the needs and abilities of the group members.
The Compass Program includes modules on:
- Education (highlighting available options for school and funding)
- Employment (how to write a resume/cover letter writing, interview skills, job searching, employability traits)
- Health & Wellness (maintaining physical and mental health, nutritious eating, self-care, how to find help and recognizing when to ask for it, sexual health education)
- Housing (identifying needs, finding and keeping housing, RentSmart)
- Personal Life (financial literacy, taxes, goal setting, support strategies)
Upon completion of the program, participants will be ready to take their next steps whether that be training, further education, GED preparation, or employment.
Age Group: 17-27 years (* This is an approximate age group. Please contact us if you’re outside this age group and would like to participate.)
Cost: $250 ** You may be eligible to receive funding support from:
- Agreements with Young Adults Program
- Autism Funding
- Registered Disability Savings Plan
Dates: January 24 – April 13 (Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays)
Click here to register. Limited space available.
Easter Seals BC/Yukon is celebrating our 75th birthday in 2022. Since 1947, we have helped children, youth and adults with disabilities address life’s challenges and given them tools to build their self-esteem, self-confidence and sense of independence. In addition to year round online classes, we operate Easter Seals Summer Camps in Lake Country, Shawnigan and Squamish – places where campers laugh, play and connect with others in a safe, all inclusive environment.