Thursday, January 28 - Thursday, March 18
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Mindful Self Compassion for Life
- $425 per person; $780 for 2
As we leave behind an unthinkable year of illness, and turmoil, and look forward to this new year, one thing we can do is take some time to restore and recharge our mental and physical reservoir, to build resilience to push on when the going is tough.
Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) is a research supported program that teaches important skills that decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression and in addition increase emotional and physical coping and well-being.
For those who dedicate their lives to caring for others, helping professionals and front-line workers who put themselves at risk, this is an opportunity for you to put on your own oxygen mask and learn to “breath in” for yourself as well as “breath out” for those you support.
Attend this program and you will join a safe and welcoming environment where you will:
- Learn to activate your soothing system and regulate feelings of threat, worry and self criticism
- Experience over 40 practices including meditations, exercises, small and large group discussions
- Receive weekly resources including written and audiotaped guides to support ongoing practice
- Connect with group members and teachers throughout and between sessions via email
Note for Professionals: This training qualifies for as the prerequisite for training as a Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Teacher (for adults) https://centerformsc.org/teach-msc-latest/ Making Friends with Yourself Teacher (MSC for children and youth) https://centerformsc.org/msc-teens-teacher-training/ and for entry into the Certificate in Self-Compassion for Psychotherapy via the Center for Mindful Self Compassion https://scipprogram.com/ (check with your organization re: professional development funds)
Dr. Georgina Robinson is a certified School Psychologist, trained teacher of MSC & MFY, with additional training in MBCT and CFT.
Zoey Ryan BSc. is a Health Educator, Certified Life Coach and trained teacher of MSC.
Training is presented Live On-line using ZOOM.
Cost: $425 CAD per person. $780 CAD For two.
Location: Live On-line using ZOOM