Saturday, February 26 - Saturday, November 26
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- 778 478 3436
Adults over age 19 with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other Diversabilities (disabilities) are invited to sign up for our FREE ZOOM sessions in 2022. The Okanagan Self-Advocate Group is based in Kelowna, but is opening up their programs to everyone in British Columbia. When you register, you will receive a free Zoom link to a guest speaker presentation the last Saturday of each month. All you have to do is click on it and you will be able to hear and participate with other self-advocates in these educational programs to help you live a better life!
Our events are:
- February 26: The Social Skills of Sexuality with Joanne Poole, Registered Nurse and Okanagan College Autism Course Professor
- March 26: How to Stretch Your Budget and Save! with Denise Martell, Marketing Director, World Financial Group
- April 30: Become a Great Self-Advocate! with Shelley DeCoste, Strategic Initiatives Advisor, CLBC and Self-Advocate Extraordinaire
- May 28: Loneliness, Depression and Anger Management with Alysha Donko, Clinical Supervisor, posAbilities, Laurel Support Services
- June 25: Job Employment Help with Jacob May, Employer and Community Coordinator, Kelowna WorkBC Centre
- September 24: Raise Your Energy with Breath and Relaxation with Danielle Dufour, Life Force Experiential Activities
- October 29: Anxiety: A Common Barrier to Social Inclusion with Becky Molly, Clinical Director, Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.
- November 26: Clearing The Clutter with Corey Anderson, Owner and Manager of Organize My Space Kelowna
To Register contact: Linda Youmans, Okanagan Self-Advocate Group Advisor
Phone: 1 (778) 478-3436