Maintain a strong team
To maintain a strong team, you will need to:
- Treat all members with respect and encourage ongoing, clear and positive communication.
- Submit invoice forms to the Autism Funding Branch right away to assist in getting your service providers paid as soon as possible.
- Comply with B.C. Employment Standards if anyone working with your child is considered an employee.
Once your family’s intervention team is hired, it is important to remember your role as the parent and leader of your team. Be proactive:
- Meet regularly with team members, and encourage communications
- Focus on whether your child is making improvement
- Review the information recorded by team members
- Review your child’s needs and communicate them to the team
- Consider whether you are seeing progress in meeting the goals set out in the Behavior Plan of Intervention
- Submit invoice forms to the Autism Funding Branch right away so your service providers are paid as soon as possible.
- Re-evaluate, if necessary, whether the team members are a proper fit for your child
As of July 1, 2017, MCFD is taking over management of the Registry of Autism Service Providers and will be the first point of contact for complaints from parents and guardians regarding the service provided by Behavior Consultants, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists and Physical Therapists.
For individualized support, please contact:
Autism Information Service British Columbia (AIS BC)
3688 Cessna Drive, Richmond, British Columbia, V7B 1C7