Posting for Website Administrator
The Website Officer is responsible for administering and maintaining the ACT website and other web-based services to effectively present ACT, its mission and services to the public. The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills. This is a small 10 person office, so ability to collaborate with co-workers is essential.
This position would be suitable for someone who has experience, and would like to expand on their experience in an environment that will support their professional development. For a complete job description, please email email@example.com
Post-secondary diploma or degree in web design or development or similar.
- WordPress – Creating, editing, deleting pages; manipulating menus; adding images and other media to content. Creating links throughout the site. Updating plugins & the CMS itself.
- FTP – Backing up files. Uploading files to the server.
- Photoshop – Creating website mockups & banner images.
- HTML and CSS – Basic HTML & CSS composition & refactoring.
- Website servers and hosting – Exporting databases, managing email accounts, restarting server (via a control panel interface).
- Database – Managing fields and producing reports
- PHP, SQL – Author/edit WordPress plugins
- Microsoft CRM – Create or modify reports, basic management
- Google Analytics – Extract Website stats
- SEO optimization – Investigate methods to improve SEO and implement on ACT’s website
Salary and details
This job is a minimum of 3 days a week. There is potential for full time work, dependent on skills and interest. The job includes benefits and paid vacation time. Hours of work can be negotiated within the office’s hours of 8:30 to 4:40, Monday to Friday.
The position is available in November.
Please send your resume, cover letter and any portfolio work by 11:59 PM, Sunday, October 25th. Send to:
ACT-Autism Community Training
150-2250 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 604-205-5345
We thank all applicants; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.