Administrative and Training Coordinator
ACT – Autism Community Training (ACT) is a registered not-for-profit society that has provided training and support to families and community professionals from our Burnaby office since 2005. ACT has a strong reputation for innovative work, we use online technology to support families across B.C. and Canada with web streamed conferences, free online videos and the Autism Information Database, in addition to our highly respected live events. ACT mission is “to provide excellent information and training, in accordance with international best practices. Our goal is to enable parents, professionals and para-professionals to support children and adults with ASD to live productive, satisfying lives within their families and communities.”
Since 2010, ACT has provided:
- 14,000 registrants with over 100,000 hours of training by leading clinicians and researchers;
- Over 120 live events in three languages, in 14 communities across BC;
- Autism Videos @ ACT, includes over 25 free online videos – available internationally.
In addition to our training focus, ACT provides:
- ACT’s Autism Information Database with over 1,000 information resources sourced internationally;
- A Community Calendar to host B.C. events from partner organizations across the province.
The position of Administrative and Training Coordinator, reflects ACT’s refocusing on our core commitment to providing community-level training, through providing live and web streamed events, in addition to online videos.
The Administrative and Training Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, to shape ACT’s training program for 2018 and beyond and will coordinate their work with ACT’s Website Officer and Financial Controller. The Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for ACT, and ensures that inquiries are addressed in a professional, timely fashion. A strong customer service orientation, and administrative skills are required, including reception experience and event planning skills. This is a one year contract position.
As ACT’s new focus will be on promoting our work nationally and internationally, a comfort in working in a national/international environment will be an asset.
- 2 years’ experience in a responsible administrative role
- Excellent organization, planning and project management skills
- Detail oriented with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MSOffice suite, including Word and Excel; CRM experience an asset
- Skill in website maintenance and social media an asset
- Knowledge of autism an asset
For a full job description, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Submit resume and cover letter confidentially to email@example.com. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. Review of applications will begin immediately. Anticipated start date is early June 2017.