Please consult the following lists if you are unsure which registration category you belong to. If your designation is not listed, and you are still unsure, please contact ACT at email@example.com.
- Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Behavior Consultant (BC)
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Medical Professionals
- Dietitian or Nutritionist
- Registered Clinical Counselor
- Teaching Professionals (primary, secondary and post-secondary schools)
- Supported Child Development Consultant
- Infant Development Consultant
- Social Worker
- Special Educational Assistant (SEA)
- Job Coach
- Early Childhood Educator
- Behavior Interventionist
- Child & Youth Worker
- Respite Provider
- Family Support Worker
To qualify for the student rate, you should be a currently registered, full-time student. You may be asked to provide proof of student status.
If three or more people register for the same event, at the same time and with one payment, ACT offers a 10% discount. This discount is applied at checkout in the online registration system, or calculated in-house if you phone in your registration.
Occasionally, ACT will offer a discount if you register for two events occurring on consecutive days. This multi-event discount is not transferable – the same person must attend on both days. Payment must be made for both events at the same time. This offer is only available for certain events. If you are uncertain if your events qualify, or you have any questions, please call the office.
Select events are available for web streaming.
The online streaming technology that we are using is the same platform as YouTube. If you can watch YouTube videos, you can watch our live online streaming! Some tips:
- Be sure your speakers or headphones are on, and the volume at an appropriate level.
- If you have a large number of ‘tabs’ open in your browser, this will use your computers memory and slow the connection.
- Check that your browser is up to date.
- If video is stuttering or jumpy, change the resolution by clicking on the ‘gear’ icon.
- To go full screen, click on the ‘box’ icon in the lower right of the image.
- If you are having trouble with Internet Explorer or Safari, try using the Google Chrome browser.
Live online streaming video includes a live chat function facilitated by ACT staff. You will be able to post questions that will be passed to the speaker at an appropriate time, and be able to text chat with other online attendees.
Registered viewers will be emailed a link to the online streaming page prior to the event. It is critical that you provide your preferred email address.
Your receipt will be emailed to you at the email address you provided at registration within three working days your registration. If you do not receive a receipt, please contact the ACT office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-939-5188 with your name, event you registered for and date you registered.
Using Autism Funding to pay
Parents who receive Autism Funding may use 20% of the total for equipment, books, training and travel costs. ACT’s live events are considered eligible expenses by the Autism Funding Branch. Please pay when you register; the Autism Funding Branch will reimburse parents after the event.
ACT’s Bursary Program
ACT fundraises to provide bursaries for low-income participants and/or those travelling from outside their home regions to an event. ACT only provides bursaries prior to registration in the form of reduced registration fees. You are welcome to call or email ACT’s office (email@example.com) for more information. ACT provided over $23,000 in bursaries in 2018 and gratefully accepts donations to our bursary fund to allow us to provide a greater level of support. Donate to our bursary fund.
More information on how to register for an ACT event with an ACT bursary.