This event is in the past. See all current events.
Homework is an important part of your child’s development as it helps the teacher assess how your child is doing. Are they able to transfer their knowledge and skills from the lesson and implement them more independently? Homework is also a great way of sharing with you at home what is happening at school, and how your child is getting on. But homework can also be a real struggle and can cause lots of anxiety for both parents and students who are finding things difficult. This workshop aims to empower you to support your child, and hopefully make this a more positive, shared experience.
This workshop will help parents/caregivers and educators/community members to develop a better understanding of:
- Looking at different types of homework activities
- How to think outside the box?
- How to adapt or modify what is being asked
- What resources may you need
- How can you personalize homework
- How can you develop independence
- How to make activities appropriate for your child’s age and curriculum level
- Make activities fun and interactive, building your relationship
This FREE 1-hour virtual workshop will include:
- 45 minutes content
- 15 minutes Q&A
Presenters: Carlye McCloy-Brown & Chelsea Jelic