West Coast Centre for Learning
778 839 5515
We love training school staff in The Mandt System® because Mandt programs change the culture of the classrooms to enhance educational outcomes. By using The Mandt System, all of the educational staff, regardless of role, can work together to create a safe and caring school by creating positive school cultures. West Coast Centre for Learning is proud to be an authorized provider of the Mandt System. Our passion is empowering, equipping & training educators and support staff in the Mandt System. This session is school focused but anyone can join and be certified in the Mandt.
The Mandt System is:
Relationship Based Crisis Interaction – Used extensively across Canada, the focus of Mandt is on building trust and supporting students, not just their behaviours. Building positive, healthy relationships where students live, learn, work and play is the ultimate goal of our training programs.
Behavioural Crisis Interaction Training – Providing the tools for educators to manage themselves first before attempting to manage the behaviors of students. By recognizing the early warning signs of potentially aggressive behaviours, we teach educators at all levels of the school community to interact proactively. Our primary focus is on prevention rather than de-escalation.
Training for Educators – Providing training for teachers, EA’s, and administrative personnel. The various training programs help schools provide the skills needed to build positive healthy relationships, better understand issues for trauma and behaviour, and gain interaction skills for all students, including students at risk for disruptive or violent behaviour.
- By preventing violence and aggression, students and staff are safer.
- By understanding the context of the behaviour of students, staff respond instead of react and address the safety needs of all people.
- Increase the quality of staff relationships and the therapeutic environment.
- Build confidence in responding to events and reduce fear in crisis situations.
- Create an environment of dignity and respect that support positive interactions with others.
- Support the development of positive attitudes and philosophy for crisis situations by all people certified in The Mandt System®.
- Reduce the frequency, intensity, duration and need of physical restraints incidents.
- Provide basic tools and techniques for a safe and respectful workplace.
- Reduce crisis incidents resulting in less workplace stress.
- Concepts and skills can be and should be taught to students and their families.
Relational Level Training:
- Building Healthy Relationships — Foundational Beliefs, Working as a Team, Dealing with Emotions,
- Causes of Stress, and Crisis Cycle.
- Building Healthy Communication — Nonverbal Elements in Communication, Vocal Elements in Communication, Verbal Elements in Communication: Strategies for De-escalation.
- Building Healthy Conflict Resolution — Communicating through Problem Solving, Problem Solving Techniques.
Conceptual/Technical Level Training:
- Trauma Informed Services – to help staff better work with people who have experienced trauma
- Positive Behavior Supports—Supporting people not just their behaviours
- Legal and Liability Issues—foundational legal and liability issues regarding support Medical Risk Factors—an overview of risk factors in use of physical restraint
- Assisting—Body Mechanics, stances, physical supports to assist people,
- Separating—physical techniques in separating people
- Physical Restraint (prerequisite is the Relational Level, Medical Risk Factors and other Technical chapters)
One Day Training – Relational Training $249
Our One Day training consists of the Relational training and is conducted by our experienced certified trainers. Participants receive Mandt certification and a certificate of training.
Certification is valid for 1 year.
Two Day Training – Relational/Conceptual/Technical Training $499
Our Two Day training consists of the Relational, Conceptual & Technical Training and is conducted by our experienced certified trainers. Participants receive Mandt certification and a certificate of training.
Certification is valid for 1 year.
May 5 & 6, 2023 – Register here
Our one day recertification training consists of the Relational training. Participants will be recertified in the Mandt System and receive a certificate of training. Certification is valid for 1 year.
We love visiting schools and having the opportunity to train all school staff in Mandt System. Ask about our group discounts for 12+ participants and consider us for your next Professional Development Day.
Please contact Kristi Rigg at email@example.com for more information.