Family Support Institute of BC
604-540-8374 x 521
Join us on June 14th as Jesse Miller leads a How to Stay Safe Online in a COVID – 19 Social Media World workshop.
With the 2020 experience in mind, children navigating screen-time, free-range online behaviours, and gaming are focal points for parents and caregivers. Supporting families as we move forward in 2021, we need to fine tune the student culture of communicating in personal, professional, and entertainment online spaces. The main themes of conversation in this session will include media literacy, screen time balance, reporting negative online interactions and experiences, and beneficial use of social media and associated internet tools for those most vulnerable in our lives. The following topics will be discussed:
- Understanding and using social media responsibly
- Balancing technology use for school, communication, and entertainment
- Positive use of gaming & participation in internet communities
- Digital consent in social sharing
- School and public enforcement of internet actions & behaviours
- Reporting tools for unsafe internet behaviours
- Equity in use of tech
To Register click Here
Family Support Institute is pleased to announce it will continue its popular free online workshop sessions into 2021! Take advantage of the chance to connect and learn together virtually in the safety and comfort of your home. You can also follow our Facebook page to stay up-to-date at facebook.com/familysupportinstitute.