Easter Seals BC/Yukon
Compass – Winter 2023 Session
For young adults looking to navigate the transition to adulthood.
Compass classes are offered both in-person and online by Easter Seals staff, specialized educators and guest speakers. By the end of the program, participants will be more prepared for school, work, independent living and their transition to adulthood, and be ready to take their next steps whether that be training, further education, GED preparation, or employment.
“Dylan was able to use his participation in the Compass Program towards his 30 volunteer hours for high school graduation.” ~ Central Okanagan School District
At the end of the Winter 2022 Compass session, 100% of participants said:
- I can describe my strengths.
- I can challenge myself to do something outside of my comfort zone.
- I feel hopeful about my future.
- I can create a healthy meal.
- I set goals for myself.
- I have a peer support network.
Click here to listen to Client Services Director, Erica Evans, tell you more about the program, and watch the fun our participants have in their cooking class.
Participants will learn skills on various topics:
- Education (highlighting available options for school and funding)
- Employment (how to write a resume/cover letter writing, interview skills, job searching, employability traits)
- Health & Wellness (maintaining physical and mental health, nutritious eating, self-care, how to find help and recognizing when to ask for it, sexual health education)
- Housing (identifying needs, finding and keeping housing, RentSmart)
- Personal Life (financial literacy, taxes, goal setting, support strategies)
Age Group: 17-27 years (This is an approximate age group. Please contact us if you’re outside this age group and would like to participate.)
Dates & Location:
- January 24 – April 20, 2023
- April 25 – Graduation Party
- No classes February 20 (Family Day) and April 7 (Good Friday)
- 3 hours per day, 2 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday)
- Easter Seals House Classroom – 3981 Oak Street, Vancouver
Cost: $250/participant for 13 weeks of classes
For more information and to register visit: www.eastersealsbcy.ca/compass