The transition back to school can be exciting, scary, and full of change for everyone. ACT has free resources to help parents and school aged children with autism manage the transition:
- Chapters on the school system and advocacy from ACT’s Autism Manual for B.C.
- Create a student profile to help introduce your child to a school team – we have examples and templates.
- ACT’s free online video Education, Integration, Inclusion by Dr. Suzanne Jacobsen reviews important sections of the B.C. School Act and documents issued by B.C.’s Ministry of Education.
ACT’s Autism Information Database has resources such as:
- Ten Tips for Helping Your Child with Asperger Syndrome Get Ready to Return to School actcommunity.ca/resource/460/
- Transitioning back to school – 5 tips for teachers actcommunity.ca/resource/494