8 New RASP Professionals
In March 2016, 8 professionals were added to the RASP, serving communities across the province such as: Salmon Arm, Maple Ridge, Port Alberni, Castlegar and New Westminster. See below for hints on how to get more professional services in under-served communities.
Behavior Consultants (Category A – Non-supervised)
- Elisa Hill – Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, Port Moody, Surrey, White Rock
- Jacqueline Pun – Burnaby, Richmond, Vancouver
- Carly van Boven – Armstrong, Enderby, Kelowna, Lake Country, Salmon Arm, Vernon
- Nicola McCorquodale – Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver
Behavior Consultants (Category B – Supervised)
- Jasmine Bracken – Vancouver
- Sumi Choudhury – Nanaimo, Parksvile, Port Alberni, Qualicum Beach
- Laura Munoz – Castlegar, Kaslo, Nakusp, Nelson, Salmo, Trail
- Julia Blanchard – Castlegar, Creston, Fruitvale, Nelson, New Denver, Rossland, Salmo, South Slocan, Trail, Ymir
How to Access Professionals for Rural & Remote Families
While there are over 600 professionals on the RASP, many areas of the province are under-served. ACT has been developing the search tool for the RASP to help rural and remote families identifying possible professionals. Here are a few suggestions:
- Families in small communities work together to pool your autism funding to bring in professionals to see multiple families over a few days. Search the RASP for professionals willing to travel.
- FaceTime or other videoconferencing tools: As technology improves it is easier to use these methods to consult with professionals. The RASP can be searched to find professionals who use videoconferencing.
- Call the ACT Office and speak to an Information Officer for individualized support
See ACT’s website for details on these ideas: Accessing Services in Smaller or Isolated Communities. Share your ideas on connecting families and professionals across British Columbia. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call an ACT Information Officer 1-866-939-5188.