Thursday, March 2
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Gallery Room – Winslow Center
100 Winslow Ave
Auitsm Society of BC
Transitioning into adulthood and the community beyond high school can be challenging for individuals with autism and their families. The Launch Program was developed to help families prepare for and respond to key life transitions, and to guide the journey from adolescence to adulthood.
This workshop series helps families create and Individualized Transition Plan for their child and provides valuable information on the following topics and more:
- Understanding and preparing for key transitions across the lifespan
- Managing health and mental health issues
- Finding the right social and recreational programs in the community
- Developing life and vocational skills
- Exploring volunteer and work opportunities
- Legal and Financial issues
Please see the poster for details.