Important considerations before hiring a professional
Although the government of B.C. is providing the funding for a child’s program, it is the parent who takes responsibility for spending the funds wisely. Essentially, the parent is entering into a private contract with a service provider.
- Do not rush into signing a contract.
- Will the approach to treatment work for your family?
- Are the listening to your family’s priorities?
- How many direct hours of intervention for your child odes their program provide?
- What are the costs?
- Are you expected to implement the strategies? How much support will you get?
- How much time can you contribute to managing the people coming into your home to provide therapy?
- Is there a centre-based program which offers a better fit?
These are all considerations you can discuss with an ACT Information Officer
- Make sure you understand the contract.
- Require a monthly invoice.